Sunday, April 3, 2011

Topsy Turvy - Little Mermaid (Ariel) Cake



When I asked my daughter what she wanted on her 4th Birthday Cake - she chose Ariel. So I found a picture online of something I thought I could do. I've been wanting to try a topsy turvy cake, so this was my chance. The original plan was to do a 3 tier topsy turvy, but I ended up going with 2 mostly because I didn't have room in my fridge for something that tall and we definitely didn't need that much cake for the number of people coming to her party.

I had an issue with my smaller tier - and lost a layer in process - so it is shorter than it should have been. But - I learned from the experience and I know what NOT to do next time - lol.

The bottom tier (below) went much smoother as far as icing and cutting the shape of it...


Close-up of Ariel once I figured out how to get her on there without sitting slanted...


The starfish were my favorite... Isabella wanted to make one too - so you can see her working on it here...


A trip around the finished cake...

Front...


Side...


Back (you can see Isabella's starfish to the left)....


Side...


Blowing out her candles...


Bottom Tier - Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Mousse Filling...


Top Tier - White Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling...

No comments: