Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cake Cookies - Chocolate



A friend of mine recently made some cookies from a cake mix that were so awesome that I just had to try it out. Now, I have made cookies from a cake mix before (see this post about Lemon Cookies), but these were different. The basic recipe she gave me is:

1 box Cake Mix
8 oz. Cream Cheese - softened
1 stick butter - softened (i used margarine)
1 tsp. vanilla (or other flavoring)

*Cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Roll into balls and bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes.

Now - I also found various recipes online that also called for an egg (here is one). I ended up adding an egg to my batch because my cookie dough was so thick I thought it could use a little extra moisture. Next time I will try it without the egg. My cookies did not turn out the same as my friend's texture wise, but they were still tasty.

I used a chocolate cake mix, and rolled the balls in pieces of chopped chocolate chips and pecans before baking. These were a gift for my mom for Mother's Day and she definitely enjoyed them!! :-)

No comments: