Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bridal Shower Cake - Pink/Black

My last "catching up" post for today is from October 2011. I was asked to make the cake for my cousin - Ashley's - bridal shower in Kentucky. So not only did I make & decorate this cake - but I had to drive it 2 hours!! Needless to say I was a little nervous since the whole thing was stacked and put together before I put it in the car with 3 kids!! Thank goodness we have a van - so there was plenty of flat floor space!! I wanted to make sure it was well protected so I lined an empty (giant) diaper box with waxed paper and set it down over the cake in ther car. Worked out pretty well actually - just put a couple of pieces of tape on the cake tray right where the box landed to keep the box from sliding around. GENIOUS - lol!! Once we arrived at the Shower - all I had to do was stick the 'A' on top!! :-)

The bottom tier was Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Chip Buttercream Filling
The top tier was Cookies and Cream Cake with Oreo Buttercream Filling

YUM!!

No comments: