Sunday, October 10, 2010

Winnie The Pooh - 3rd Birthday Cake

March 2010

My daughter wanted Winnie The Pooh for her cake this year and she wanted it to be pink. So I made the cake pink (Strawberry) and the decorations Winnie the Pooh.

What was this cake made up of?
Two layers of Strawberry Cake with a Strawberry Mousse type filling between them.
The top layer is covered with Cream Cheese Icing.
Then the whole thing was covered with Buttercream Icing.
All the decorations were created using store bought fondant (my first time with fondant I took the easy way and just bought it!).

Here is the cake before the Buttercream Icing went on...


Some pictures after it was completely finished with everything except the candles...

I did buy the Honey Pot with Tigger and Piglet - that part is not fondant. Winnie the Pooh pops out of the Honey Pot with the push of a button...

Pictures of the sides...





Party Day - now you can see Pooh!! :-)

And the candles...

No comments: