Monday, October 11, 2010

Fondant Covered Cake and Cake Balls

October 9, 2010

My first fondant covered cake turned out pretty good. This cake was for a Bridal Shower that I threw for my soon to be Sister-In-Law. I made the Marshmallow Fondant myself. The cake is 2 layers of Homemade Chocolate Cake filled and iced with a Chocolate Chip Mocha Buttercream. After the Buttercream sat in the fridge for a while, I covered it with the Fondant then made the fondant decorations.

I was somewhat surprised by how easy the fondant was to work with. I expected to have more problems, but I am very happy with the reality since I will be making my first tiered wedding cake for my brother's wedding in December!!

I also made some Strawberry Cake Balls to go along with the cake.

The completed cake...

I was very happy with how even and flat I got the icing before laying the fondant!!

Display at the shower...

Closeup of the cake balls...

Inside of the cake showing the Chocolate Chip Mocha Buttercream...

No comments: